Monday, May 18, 2009

Thing 3 - Flickr

Our library already has a Flickr account and I am the one that posts the photos so I decided to explore Flickr a little more rather than to create a new account. We're doing a library renovation so seeing photos of other library interiors and exteriors is of interest to me. I tried searching "library" and "library buildings" as search terms but was not finding many photos of interest to me - they were mostly too broad. I decided to try searching for group which gave me hits more targeted to my needs. I found the following groups to have photos that will help us in thinking about our library renovation project:

Public Library Buildings

Library Interiors

Book Displays in Libraries or anywhere

Show us Your Library 2.0

2009 Library Summer Reading Programs

My favorite group one was the Library Signage group which had so many great ideas for signs and displays:

The photo I most enjoyed has to do with patrons turning down the sound on their cell phones and laptops which is a problem we are currently having at our library.

No comments:

Post a Comment