Monday, May 18, 2009

Thing 4 - More Flickr

I played with several mashups and I would say that my experience was fun, frustrating, time-consuming and I wondered at the point of it all. I used Spell with Flickr to create the following image. It's sort of cute and it was certainly easy enough to create but I can't imagine using this type of application on my website.

R letter e letter A D i letter N G

Next I tried Captioner. It took several tries to get a photo that was the correct size so that the image would look good and I found that rather frustrating. Here is a photo is of my cat.















Next, I used Big Huge Labs. I tried Motivator, Magazine Cover and Movie Poster and had trouble with the sizing of the photos I chose for each of them. I finally used Framer to create the image below.













In the end, I'm afraid I just don't see the real application of these mashups but perhaps I am not being being creative enough. They just don't seem to be the types of images that I would want to use on my library's website or blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment